Saturday, February 26, 2011

Been Forever

I realize that I am a terrible blogger--frown! I don't seem to find the time to write, which is unfortunate. But here I am, finally. I must say that it has been much more difficult recently since I haven't really felt like creating or sharing since my Dad passed away on November 28, 2010.
I have lost far too many people that are dear to me in my life, but this one has been the worst. Maybe it is because it is so fresh, I don't know, but the pain and sadness are sometimes overwhelming. I keep finding myself thinking it can't be, it just doesn't seem real yet. I'm not sure when this changes, but...

Part of the way I've made myself deal with this loss is to create. My family, including my Dad, is very creative and I think he would want me to carry on in this manner. I don't have his incredible talent, but it is what I have. I promised myself that I would create at least one thing every month. All be it just February, I have kept my promise. Here are a few of my creations. Caveat: I find my inspiration from other's beautiful work. So please know that if I copied your layout or just your whole card in general it is out of respect and admiration.

Created February 12 & 13, 2011
Clouds-SCAL
BP-wallpaper
banner-my creation
"The Sky is the limit"-Club Scrap (I think)
Buttons-Sizzix
Hot Air Balloon-image found and tweaked (added stripes and flags)
glitter glue on the clouds.





Created February 26, 2011
Inspired by Everlasting Ink
Asian stamp-Club Scrap
Rolled paper roses
Cuttlebug-little dot background
Martha Stewart-edge punch
pearls-cheap from Michaels
scallop cut scissor
DCWV, SU! cardstock
DBP-Unknown
Created in January 2011
Inspired by Cindy Lawrence
Little Birdie svg
Hello-"Warm Wishes" from TAC
Brushstroke Blossoms-SU!
Choc. Chip Ink-SU!
Toile Pink-Palette
Basic Grey-DBP
Glass drops-self colored Created February 20, 2011
Ribbon-unknown
Inspired By: Anne Hayward
DBP-DCWV
Rhinestones-Hobby Lobby
Chipboard circle(covered with DBP)-Spellbinders
Chipboard flower (covered w/specialty paper)-Sizzix
Thread
Ric-Rac






























No comments: