Sunday, February 8, 2009

Back in the Land of the Living

I got socked with the intestinal flu--yuck!

Oh what a miserable weekend. Starting on Thursday evening, only after being fine all day, I was completely down with this thing "that has been going around". Today is the first day that I've even been able to sit-up for any amount of time, miserable. I mentioned the other day that I would post pictures, well I was a little delayed, but here they are.

If you remember I mentioned going to a stamping night with a colleague from work and her friends. It was here that I met some great women with so much talent! They were kind enough to share their thoughts, ideas and even some supplies. It was wonderful getting inspired from so much talent. Well, I got this first page almost done in the 5 hours that we were there--lol.

This is a part of my recently begun heritage scrapbook regarding my Mom's family. This page actually contains my Grandparent's vows, their license and their guestbook. There is a letter in the envelope where my Grandmother asks her previous minister to oversee her marriage, he had moved away. What a wonderful thing to still have.


I came home and continued to work on the layout and came up with the second page.

I loved the pictures of my Grandparents. My Grandmother was always the more serious and less "public" one. She also kept things that were important to her, like this clipping from the news paper announcing her wedding and describing it. It turns out that my Grandmother was the daughter of a businessman in Beloit, WI so she had an image to keep. My Grandparents were married for over 50 years. I was actually a part of their 50th Wedding Anniversary--they were beautiful!

I also made this pretty card holder to enter into the contest the hostess was having.

Supplies
Paper: Various cardstock (two shades of violet, vanilla and white) dbp from Provo craft
Stamps: All from Club Scrap
Ink: Palette Grey and SU! ink too
Extras: Spellbinders scallopped circle die, lilac and black fun foam, silver brad, glimmer chalk from Pebbles, Dew Drops (on little butterflies bodies, hard to see) and ribbons.
So this was Friday, then on Sunday I went to a woman's home for what I thought was going to be a few hours of working on the creation of the flower that I posted earlier. She, like I, is a visual learner and wanted to walk through it together. Well what was going to be a few hours turned into a lovely day, including a wonderful lunch, with she and a friend of hers. What we learned about creating these flowers is that you have to have the big scalloped circle die from Spellbinders, it makes all the difference.
It is so nice to meet new, kind people who also love to stamp!
Chat later,
Kerry

2 comments:

loretta said...

What a pretty blog and great ideas!

Madisonotes said...

I really love your blog! So it was fun to think I could send a few mint plants your way. I am thinning out a patch that is spreading out of control, so you are welcome to some 'citrus mint'. It is really wonderful for fresh soothing tea!

I live in DeForest, actually just outside of Deforest, in Windsor, near highway 51. my email:

mom.pazyarte@gmail.com. Bring a bit of potting soil with you and you are welcome to several plants. You will love them. I am collecting mints, so there may be more to divide next year. -- Marcia