Sunday, January 18, 2009

Birthdays in January

This afternoon I was busy creating a couple of Birthday cards for colleagues at work. I used the tutorial described by Linda at After Midnight Art Stamps. It is just wonderful and has so much potential! Please check this out when you can. Keep in mind that it is a 2 part tutorial (I've only provided the link to the first part.)

Linda does such a wonderful job of explaining the process. Enough so that even Iwas able to follow--smile. If you aren't sure how to use the Nestabilities in your Cuttlebug, which is what I used, it is pretty easy. Place the following in order from bottom to top: "A" plate, "C" plate, cardstock, Netabilities die and lastly (on top) a "B" plate. In Linda's video she also states having put her cardstock through one of the Cuttlebug Folders first. For my projects I did not. She also mentions using two-sided cardstock. Again, I chose not to instead I simply used the "direct to paper" technique to add interest to the backside of my paper.







Rather than make a tag like Linda describes doing I made this card for a friend at work. Never mind the fact that it is a little belated...sorry Sue! I had fun with this and found that I just could stop from adding "just a little more" every time I looked it over.

Supplies:

Paper: creamy, pearlized, textured paper (flower petals) pink plaid bg paper, banana yellow cardstock (Of course I don't know where, or from what companies any of this came from, just found it in my stash--sorry!)
Stamps: Squiggle Ladybugs (TAC)
Ink: Eggplant from SU!
Other: Pre-made tag, flower, sequin, fuschia colored glitter glue (Hard to see, but I put a little along some of the scalloped edges around the whole flower. Not too much though because I didn't want to detrack from the pearlized paper.) and large glue dots just like Linda recommends.

I had so much fun with this one, I couldn't help myself but make another, but with a twist.


After enduring -26F degree weather for the last four days I guess I needed somthing spring-like. So with today's "thaw" (all of 20F degrees), I made this fun card.

Supplies
Paper: Banana yellow cs, pink plaid and speckled ivory (again, I am sorry, but I have no idea about companies)
Ink: Eggplant, SU!
Stamp: Foam, large Dragonfly stamp from Michaels (this stamp is really large, measures at least 3 - 4" long and almost as wide)
Other: "Happy" sticker and yellow glass paint (on abdomen and wing edges so they look shiny)

Instead of making 8 petals (like the flower) I simply used 4 to make the wings. It was so much fun and added such wonderful dimension.

Hope you enjoy and I hope to see you soon!
Kerry





No comments: